We rely on donations to do our work of connecting Greens around the world to implement the Global Greens Charter. Donations of any amount are welcome, and you can become a FROGG (Friend of the Global Greens) by making regular monthly donations.
The Global Greens is a non-profit organisation registered in Belgium. Donations can be made by credit card in Euro, $US and $AUD using paypal.
Alternatively donate to the Global Greens account in Belgium by bank transfer (within Europe) or using a service such as Transferwise.
Bank: BNP Paribas, Kantoor Quartier Leopold, Brussels, Belgium
Account name: Verts Mondiaux AISBL
Account number: BE17 0017 6141 5421
BIC Code: GEBABEBB
Global Greens Address: Wiertzstraat 31 -- B1050, Brussels, Belgium
The Global Greens Coordination adopted the following principles in relation to donations in May 2011. They apply to donations, in-kind contributions, sponsorship and the like.
- The Global Greens welcome donations, as well as in kind contributions, to support our work.
- We will seek to ensure that donations are not accepted from sources whose actions and values are inconsistent with the principles of the Global Greens Charter.
- We will maintain and periodically publish a list of significant donations.
- The Global Greens Coordination will be responsible for determining how donations are spent. Donors may express a preference but not determine the use.
- Global Greens donations will be used to the support the work of the Global Greens and its member federations. They may also be used to support the development of member parties and political movements but will not be used for direct election campaigning.
The Global Greens Coordination is responsible for ensuring that the donation principles are implemented including by:
- establishing criteria for significant donations;
- setting up a screening mechanism for any donations that may need review;
- regularly publishing lists of significant donations;
- establishing a list of unacceptable donation sources.