The Global Greens Coordination adopted the following principles in relation to donations in May 2011. They apply to donations, in-kind contributions, sponsorship and the like.
- The Global Greens welcome donations, as well as in kind contributions, to support our work.
- We will seek to ensure that donations are not accepted from sources whose actions and values are inconsistent with the principles of the Global Greens Charter.
- We will maintain and periodically publish a list of significant donations.
- The Global Greens Coordination will be responsible for determining how donations are spent. Donors may express a preference but not determine the use.
- Global Greens donations will be used to the support the work of the Global Greens and its member federations. They may also be used to support the development of member parties and political movements but will not be used for direct election campaigning.
The Global Greens Coordination is responsible for ensuring that the donation principles are implemented including by:
- establishing criteria for 'significant' donations;
- setting up a screening mechanism for any donations that may need review;
- regularly publishing lists of significant donations;
- establishing a list of unacceptable donation sources.
Donations can be made through paypal with a credit card in Euro, $US and $AUD.
Alternatively donate by bank transfer to the Global Greens account in Belgium
Bank: BNP Paribas, Kantoor Quartier Leopold, Brussels, Belgium
Account name: Verts Mondiaux AISBL
Account number: BE17 0017 6141 5421
BIC Code: GEBABEBB
Global Greens Address: Wiertzstraat 31 -- B1050, Brussels, Belgium
Within Europe, bank transfers can be made directly.
Outside Europe, bank fees may be very high. Transferwise is an alternative.