Submitted by: Global Greens Reference Group
Passed by acclamation, Canberra, Australia April 16th, 2001
We, the Global Greens Reference Group of 2001, propose that –
2. The purpose of the Global Green Coordination will be to foster and focus communications and actions among its members so that all Green political parties of the planet, on a continuing basis, will share knowledge of Green Party affairs and initiatives on issues of global concern.
3. The Global Green Coordination, primarily using email, be established and that it initially will be the Global Green Reference Group of 2001. The Global Green Coordination will consist of three representatives selected by each Federation.
4. All decisions of the Global Green Coordination and all postings to the Global Greens website must be unanimously agreed upon by the members of the Global Green Coordination. The work of the Global Green Coordination will be for the implementation of the agenda of the Global Greens Charter, Canberra 2001.
5. A primary purpose of the Global Green Coordination is to identify possible global actions to be proposed to the parties world-wide.
6. Another purpose of the Global Green Coordination is to give immediate attention to helping the Global Green Network facilitate comprehensive access to electronic communications by every Green Party and movement, in partnership with the relevant Federation.
7. The Global Green Network be composed of two to three representatives from Green parties and movements identified in partnership with the relevant Federation. The purpose of the Global Green Network is to develop healthy discussion, especially via electronic mechanisms. The Global Green Coordination may refer issues for discussion to the Global Greens Network.
8. The Global Greens agree to meet again no later than 2006.