The Global Greens Coordination adopted the following principles in relation to donations in May 2011. They apply to donations, in-kind contributions, sponsorship and the like.
- The Global Greens welcome donations, as well as in kind contributions, to support our work.
- We will seek to ensure that donations are not accepted from sources whose actions and values are inconsistent with the principles of the Global Greens Charter.
- We will maintain and periodically publish a list of significant donations.
- The Global Greens Coordination will be responsible for determining how donations are spent. Donors may express a preference but not determine the use.
- Global Greens donations will be used to the support the work of the Global Greens and its member federations. They may also be used to support the development of member parties and political movements but will not be used for direct election campaigning.
The Global Greens Coordination is responsible for ensuring that the donation principles are implemented including by:
- establishing criteria for 'significant' donations;
- setting up a screening mechanism for any donations that may need review;
- regularly publishing lists of significant donations;
- establishing a list of unacceptable donation sources.
Donations can be made through paypal in Euro, $US and $AUD.
Alternatively they can be made via direct transfer to Green Forum in Sweden which manages the Global Greens account (please include your name and send an email to notify us of your donation). Note that fees may apply.
Bank: Nordea AB
Bank adress: Box 8007, S-10420 Stockholm, Sweden
BIC code: NDEASESS
Account number within the European Union: IBAN SE29 9500 0099 6042 0140 9960
Account number from other parts of the world: 9960 420 14 09 96-0
Consult your bank about other methods of transferring money internationally. Green Forum's address is